I’m a 21-year-old female, still living with my parents but working full time. I’m asking because, I want a good book to read with information on how to budget, save, and respect money. What are the best books on personal finance?
- Financially Fit for Life by Steve Down, great insights on the psychology of money.
- Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin, especially if you want to change your emotional relationship with money.
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley, especially if you have high expenses.
- The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke by Suze Orman.
- I Will Teach You to be Rich by Ramit Sethi.
- The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing and/or The Bogleheads’ Guide to Retirement Planning, both by Larimore et al.
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton Malkiel, especially if you aren’t convinced that index-investing is right for you.
- The Four Pillars of Investing by William Bernstein
- Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, especially if you are in more debt than you want to be.
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason, for timeless advice.